Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sunny, Happy Craptasticness!

While in Alaska and at Kripalu, I finished up these babies.



The pattern is from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. The name eludes me now. Something about boats or sailing or something. I really liked the pattern. Fun to do and it went quickly. The yarn is pure crap, but I love it in the way one might love a hairless cat, or a really ugly dog.

'Tis a rainy day here in PA and frankly socks like this make the day less dreary.

Yes, I know that in the dark of night, in the dark of my sock drawer, this pair will be the pair that all of the other socks, knit out of beautiful, high-quality yarn, will laugh at. And that just makes me want to give these ugly suckers a hug and tell them it's what's on the inside that counts.

No comments: